The next Special Olympics Great Britain’s National Summer Games is the country’s largest multi-sports event for athletes with intellectual disabilities of 2017.
As our flagship event, it is held every 4 years and represents a huge opportunity to showcase the abilities of children and adults with intellectual disabilities, allowing them to compete at a national level, experience the personal achievement this brings, as well as enable them to make friends, travel and socialise.
Our 10th National Summer Games will take place in the city of Sheffield across a number of sporting venues between 7-12 August 2017.
- Around 2,600 athletes with intellectual disabilities of all ages and abilities will come together from across the country to compete in 19 sports.
- Athletes will be supported over 4 days of competition by 800 coaches, 750 volunteers, 150 officials and over 5,000 family and friends.
- A spectacular Olympic-style Opening Ceremony to kick-off the event at Sheffield United FC.
Support the Games
Our sponsors and partners are the lifeblood of any Games and can expect a wealth of unique marketing and CSR benefits to include:
- Branding at Games sports venues and throughout the City
- National & regional marketing and PR campaigns in the 18 months run up and during the event client
- Hospitality and opportunity to attend the Opening Ceremony, sports competitions and present medals
- Employee volunteering and opportunities to meet our athletes and ambassadors.
- For Sponsorship and Partnership enquiries - please email Bonnie Clayton
- For PR and Media enquiries - please email Chris Hull
- For Officials enquiries - please email Emily Onley
- For Volunteering enquiries - please email Gearoid Mitchell
- For Families enquiries - please email Tom Adams
Will you be part of it? - The Games Volunteer registration is now open
Special Olympics Games at Bramall Lane
Our 2013 National Summer Games through the eyes of a sponsor
Our National Summer Games 2013 Opening Ceremony
- The logo and creative identity for our National Games Sheffield 2017 revealed
- Special Olympics GB confirms Bramall Lane as Opening Ceremony venue for the 2017 National Summer Games
- Calling all Sheffield businesses: Special Olympics GB needs you
- Special Olympics GB confirms Steel City as 2017 National Summer Games Host