Coca-Cola Great Britain is proud to have supported Special Olympics in Great Britain since its establishment in 1978.
Coca-Cola GB is committed to making a positive contribution to diverse communities across the country, particularly by helping young people to achieve their personal best, through supporting education, protecting the environment and encouraging active lifestyles.
“We are very proud at Coca-Cola to have supported Special Olympics Great Britain from the very beginning. It has been wonderful to watch it grow and go from strength to strength – and to change so many people’s lives for the better.” Jon Woods, Country Manager Coca-Cola Great Britain
Coca-Cola supports Special Olympics, both internationally and here in Great Britain, in the following ways:
• by providing a wide choice of refreshments to athletes, coaches, officials & volunteers
• by conducting promotions and fund-raising activities to support Special Olympics events
• by giving employees the opportunity to volunteer and experience the very special atmosphere at national and international events
As a result of their positive experience, Coca-Cola GB employees participate in fundraising activities and offer their skills and time to support the local branch of Special Olympics Hammersmith & Fulham.
In 2012, Coca-Cola Great Britain pledged £50,000 to support the development of Special Olympics Great Britain’s Unified Sports®. The grant helped to raise awareness of Unified Sports and increase participation in the highly inclusive sports model.
- Two World-Class Athletes With Intellectual Learning Disabilities, and the mothers Who helped them
- Click here to read Case Study: Coca-Cola supports 2013 National Summer Games