Thank You to those of you who were brave enough to take on the coolest challenge in London and Bath!
Over 200 people leapt into 20 tons of icy water for Special Olympics GB at the Polar Plunge in London (6-7 January 2015) and in Bath (6 December 2014).
Already a Stateside sensation, Special Olympics GB launched the Polar Plunge in London for the first time in winter 2015 at the iconic Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Click on the image below to see photos of the Polar Plunge in London and Bath.
- The Bravest take on London's first Polar Plunge
- Hundreds take the 1st ever GB Polar Plunge in Bath
- Thousands challenged to take on 1st Polar Plunge to raise crucial funds for Special Olympics GB
- Former sprinter Jason Gardener pledge to support our Polar Plunge in Bath
- Meet Angus our 1st Special Olympics GB athlete to register to take the Polar Plunge
- University of Bath students give our Polar Plunge sign-up event a huge boost
- Polar Plunge to raise vital funds for Special Olympics GB
How much did we ask our Plungers to fundraise and why?
Every splash raised cash for Special Olympics athletes! We asked all our plungers to raise £50 or more to help us bring joy to the lives of people with intellectual disabilities through sport. Everyone who raised £50 or more entered into a prize draw to win a host of goodies too.
Executive Plunge, London
Business leaders were challenged to brave the cold winter weather and leapt into our outdoor Polar Plunge pool in front of media and special guests at a private launch event on Friday 6 February 2015. We asked the top executives to raise a minimum of £2,000 for Special Olympics GB.